Samsung D600 phone. Announced Q1 2005. Features 2.0″ display, 2 MP primary camera, 950 mAh battery, 72 MB storage.
|Compatible networks||GSM 850/900/1800/1900 |
D600E: GSM 900/1800/1900, EDGE
|Availability by region||2005-06 (D600) |
|Dimensions||3.78' X 1.83' X .85' (96 x 46.5 x 21.5 mm)|
|Mass||3.63 oz (103 g)|
|Memory||81MB, 4MB for Java applications|
|Display||240x320 pixels (QVGA) TFT LCD, 16-bit color|
|Rear camera||2 Megapixel|
|Connectivity||GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots) 32 - 48 kbit/s, EDGE Class 10 (D600E only), 236.8 kbit/s, Bluetooth 1.2, USB|
The Samsung SGH-D600i is a mobile phone. It is usable as:
- a quad-band GSMmobile phone with built-in handsfree function
- a digital audio player with MP3 and AAC/AAC+ playback with stereo speakers and 3D stereo enhancement and 4 DSP effects (normal, classic, jazz, rock)
- a 2 Megapixeldigital camera (1600x1200 pixels resolution) with a flash and MPEG-4 video recording (at up to CIF (352x288) resolution)
- an alarm clock with three per-weekday configurable alarms
- an organizer
- a voice recorder
- a video player for TV sets
- a Bluetooth dongle
The slider can be configured for accepting and closing calls as well as locking and unlocking the keys.
One of the available accessories for the D600i is a stereo headset with earplugs on a neck string, a microphone on one of the earplug cables and a detachable phone holder which attaches to its bottom. It can be also used for the handsfree function of the mobile phone.
Samsung SGH-D600i was being a later version of SGH-D600, released in 2007 to address issues concerning microSD support.
Features and specifications
The Samsung SGH-D600 is the successor to the Samsung SGH-D500, and differs from it with a slightly revised design, a higher resolution camera which is located outside the sliding area instead of inside, TV output, and support for microSD external flash memory cards. It also includes a PicselViewer for Microsoft Office documents. It is available in black/grey and Chrome color variants, and has a rubberized finish to some areas of its body.
- Stand-by: Up to 300 hours
- Talk time: Up to 7 hours
Still Camera features:
- Resolutions: 1600x1200, 1152x864, 800x600, 640x480, 320x240, 240x320 and 240x180 (can be changed in photo mode using the number key '2')
- Zoom: 4x digital zoom
- Continuous shooting modes for 6, 9 and 15 quick shots in resolution of 320x240, 240x320 or 240x180 (key '4')
- ISO sensitivity settings: Auto, 100, 200, 300 and 400 ISO (key '6')
- White balance settings: Automatic and presets e.g. for sunlight, neon and bulb light (selected using the '#' keypad key)
- Flash: A white LED light, not comparable to a real flashlight but usable for adding more light on short distance. Controlled by the '0' key in photo mode, the LED can also be manually turned on before taking a picture. This way it could also be used as a very short-lived emergency pocket lamp (if the battery is full)
- Self-timer: 3, 5 and 10 seconds, controlled using the '8' key
- Real-time effects including negative and sepia, controlled using the '5' key
- Mosaic and overlay effect shooting (key '4')
- Brightness and zoom can be adjusted using the menu toggle keys
In video camera mode (key '1' toggles between still and video modes), nearly the same features are available. Zooming is possible even during video capture. T9 predictive text is turned on and off by pressing and holding the star/asterisk ('*') key.
The Samsung SGH-D600 can play back .mp4, .3gp, .mp3, .amr and .aac files.
In the MP4 or 3GP multimedia containers the playback of the following tracks is supported:
- MPEG-4 SP (Simple Profile) up to PAL CIF resolution (352x288)
- H.263 up to PAL CIF resolution (352x288)
- AAC HE v1 - AAC HE v2 (with Parametric Stereo) is not supported
Reception and criticism
Launch date: Q1, 2005
The Register praised its looks and small size. Trusted Reviews awarded it 9/10, calling it 'a great looking phone with a screen that puts other handsets to shame'. CNet gave a positive review scoring 3.5/5 suggesting it was good both for professionals and those looking for fun features.
A supposed 'killer app' feature of the D600 that has been the routine subject of critical review is the phone's poor visual TV out quality.
Other criticisms of the model include:
- The phone can't be set to vibrate and ring at the same time, however it can be set to vibrate and then ring.
- The MP3 Player does not work in background.
- Java MIDlets can only be downloaded using GPRS via an online server, such as http://www.waphq.net which, although a free service still involves the service cost of the bandwidth to download. It is NOT officially possible to install Java MIDlets on the D600 via Bluetooth, IrDa, USB or Serial Cable.
- The D600 does not support JSR 75 and has a relatively small RMS space despite having over 80MB of on-board memory.
- The Text message ring tone is limited to the limited built in list.
- Depending on the phone's firmware it does not support MicroSD-Cards larger than 1 GB.
The D600 has several hacks that can be used to overcome some of the shortcoming of the firmware shipped with the phone. Most of them will invalidate the warranty and may violate any network agreements.
- It is possible to use the USB cable or Bluetooth to download Java Midlets to the phone by using engineer codes and 3rd party software see this Tutorial.
- There have been several versions of modified firmware available for the D600, most of them addressing the shortcomings of the firmware shipped with the phone such as the selection of message tones, background music playing and automatic sms message saving. The use of custom firmware requires a serial cable compatible with the phone.
- ^'Samsung D600 (SGH-D600)'. Mobile Gazette. 12 March 2005. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- ^Miles, Stuart (2 November 2005). 'Samsung SGH-D600 mobile phone'. The Register.
- ^Emeran, Riyad (5 Feb 2011). 'Samsung SGH-D600 review'. Trusted Reviews. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- ^'Samsung D600 review'. CNet. 11 November 2005. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
Samsung Sgh D600 Unlock Code Free Download
Samsung D600 can be unlocked by a correct NCK code. Once the phone is unlocked, means network-free, you can use any network provider SIM card. We can now provide the factory unlock code for all Samsung devices. Unlocking of any device by code is the fastest and easiest method. Another benefit is that you will not loose the warranty of the phone since unlocking Samsung D600 by code does not involve the firmware or software change.
Since we provide the factory unlock code of Samsung that directly comes from the server, not the calculator. Hence, the code provided by routerunlock.com will be 100% genuine and there is no chance to not work. We only need 15-digit correct IMEI, means the model of the phone is not required. To receive the unlock code of Samsung D600 phone we only need 15-digits IMEI number. You can get the correct IMEI of your phone by dialing *#06# or you can also find it in the settings of the phone.
In most of the cases, the server will provide the following codes for your Samsung D600:
NCK – Network Unlock Code to unlock the simlock of the phone.
Unfreeze/MCK – Used to reset the unlock counter, if you have already tried too many wrong codes.
SPCK – Service Provider Code is used to reset the second level of the lock.
We have access to various Samsung server from where the code will come. You may choose the database based on the country or continent. For the Samsung D600, you may use services of Europe, USA, Canada, South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Middle East, Worldwide etc.
If your Samsung D600 is locked to T-Mobile USA or Metro PCs USA, then before placing an order the “Device Unlock App”. If in your phone “Device Unlock App” is installed then you will not find anyplace to enter the code. We can still provide the unlock code, but it will be useless for you.
How long we need to wait for an unlock code of Samsung phone?
The approximate delivery time for an unlock code of Samsung phone starts from 1 to 15 days.
The average response time is 2 days (Based on last 100 orders).
How to Unlock Samsung D600?
How to Enter or Send the code in Samsung D600?
1. Switch off the phone.
2. Remove the original SIM card from the phone.and insert any another network SIM card.
3. Insert any unauthorized SIM card.
4. Switch On the phone.
5. Samsung D600 should ask for an unlock/NCK code.
6. Enter the NCK code which is provided by routerunlock.com.
7. If the code is not accepted, then enter the Unfreeze or Defreeze code. An unsuccessful message should appear.
8. Again enter the NCK or Network Unlock Code. Visual paradigm 16 activation code.
Now your Samsung D600 is network free.